Athlete & Client Acknowledgement of Risk, Release of Liability and Agreement for Mountain Peak FItness
I am applying to participate in a Mountain Peak Fitness athletic training program and or related activities being fully aware that the training involves risks. I accept all risks of participating in the training or adventure, even if they are created by the carelessness or negligence of the released party or anyone else. Risks of training include many with some being more serious then others. Whether my training involves cycling, running, swimming, hiking, camping, strength & conditioning training, etc. in a solo, small or large group setting, I am aware that injuries and accidents happen and may happen to me. As a client of Mountain Peak Fitness I know there are many risks to my training & adventures and I accept them all. I fully release, discharge and waive any Claims I may have, now or in the future, against Mountain Peak Fitness, released parties and anyone present or involved in my training or adventure at anytime.
("Claims" as used in this waiver means any and all liabilities, claims, demands, legal actions, and rights of action for damages, personal injury or death which are related to or in any way connected with my participation in the training which I or my heirs or personal representative could make. "Released Parties" as used in this document means Mountain Peak Fitness, its managers, members, trainers, employees, consultants and coaches, associate coaches and their employees,)
I am aware that there is no obligation for any person to provide me with medical care during the training or adventure. If medical care is rendered to me, I consent to that care if I am unable to give my consent for any reason at the time that the care is needed. I am aware that it is advisable to consult a physician prior to participating in the Training. If I have consulted one, I have taken the physician's advice.
I grant my permission to Mountain Peak Fitness to utilize any photographs, motion pictures, videos, recordings and any other references or records of the training which may depict, record, or refer to me for any purpose, including commercial use, by Mountain Peak Fitness and its sponsors.
I agree to abide by the rules of Mountain Peak Fitness in any of its training camps, adventures & coaching or training sessions. I acknowledge that, if I violate any of these rules, I may be removed from the training camp and or session and the permission for me to participate in the training camp or session may be withdrawn by representatives of Mountain Peak Fitness. Others may violate the rules of the camps, adding to the risks of participation. No warranties have been made to me about the training. I intend that this document act as the broadest and most inclusive assumption of risk, waiver, release of liability, agreement not to sue and indemnity as is permitted by the laws of the state.
If the participant is under 18 years of age, the parent agrees to the following statements: As a parent or guardian of the participant, I authorize the child to participate. I also join in the statements and agreements made by the participant in this document. I agree that, in the event participant or anyone acting on his or her behalf should make any Claims, I will provide the indemnities described above.
Participant – Printed Name ___________________________________________________________________
Participant – Signature ______________________________________________________ Date ____________
Parent of Participant – Printed Name ___________________________________________________________
(Required if participant is under 18 years of age)
Parent of Participant – Signature ______________________________________________ Date ____________
(Required if participant is under 18 years of age)
List of Possible Hazards
The following is a small list of possible hazards & risks that are often associated with training for, cycling, mountain biking, running, swimming, trail running, hiking, camping, triathlon, and other such endurance events and or adventures:
- Falls resulting in broken bones, sprains, strains, contusions, and equipment damage.
- Collisions with other athletes or vehicles on the road or trail.
- Drowning during open water swimming.
- Saddle sores, rashes, neck and back pain, and hand numbness related to bicycle riding, etc.
- Tendonitis and bursitis, muscle strains and/or tears, adhesions, etc.
- Upper respiratory infections associated with heavy training loads.
- Heart attack and other heart-related symptoms.
- Gastrointestinal problems such as diarrhea, constipation (due to dehydration issues, improper nutrition, etc.)
- Blood in urine or issues trying to urinate, high ketones or protein levels.
- Men: penile numbness, prostatitis, swollen testicles, and impotence from bicycling.
- Women: nipple pain from friction, vulvar swelling, groin and chest rashes, and yeast infections.
- Anemia, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, and exposure to pollution, weight loss, immune system issues due to improper recovery and nutritional needs.
- Post goal race depression is common after your "A" race for the season.
- Reactions to chlorine, possible ear infections, excessive dry skin (worse in cold climates), change in hair color, and nasal infections.
- Getting lost out on an adventure or training service
- Plus many others.